Banana chocolate-chip mini muffins
plain lowfat yogurt
whole wheat flour
packed brown sugar
uncooked quick oats
1 large, beaten
1 large, mashed
mini chocolate chips
½ cup(s), divided
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Coat 24 mini muffin holes with cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine yogurt, milk, oats, vanilla extract and egg; set aside 5 minutes for oats to soften and then stir in banana.
- In a separate bowl, stir together flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Stir flour mixture into yogurt mixture to moisten ingredients (do not beat - the dough will be very thick). Reserve 1 tablespoon chips; stir in remaining chips.
- Spoon batter by heaping tablespoons into prepared muffin holes; sprinkle each with a few reserved chocolate chips. Bake until golden brown and a tester inserted in center of a muffin comes out clean, about 15 to 17 minutes. Yields 1 muffin per serving.
- Yields 1 muffin per serving.