Applesauce (slow cooker)
SmartPoints® value per serving
The Instant Pot does some things better than any gadget we know: chicken stock to rival a restaurant, deeply flavored applesauce, perfectly hard-boiled eggs with shells that fall right off. Here are six essential recipes for your arsenal. You’ll use them again and again.
- Peel and core 3 lb apples; cut into chunks. Use one type or a mix of sweet and tart.
- Put into a 6-qt Instant Pot; add 1/4 cup water, juice of 1/2 lemon, and 1/2 to 1 tsp cinnamon (optional).
- Toss until mixed well. Close lid, making sure vent is closed. Press Pressure Cook and select High Pressure; set cooking time for 5 minutes.
- When time is up, press Cancel to turn off pot. Allow pressure to naturally release.
- Mash apples with a potato masher or immersion blender. Transfer to airtight containers.
- Refrigerate up to 1 week or freeze up to 6 months.