Because meal planning can make a big difference in how your day goes, success starts at the grocery store. Stock up on foods that help you fill up and stay within your SmartPoints® budget, and:
- Your choices will be healthier, since you're not making spur-of-the-moment decisions when you're already hungry.
- You’ll have one less thing to think about. Knowing what you’re going to eat and scheduling meals helps keep your mind off food between meals and snacks because the decision is made.
- You'll benefit from structure. Knowing when you'll be eating lets you plan the rest of your day. Having a plan in place can also have a ripple effect, helping you stick with other healthy behaviours.
To put the right foot forward when you hit the supermarket, begin with these tips:
- Know what you’ll be eating this week. Map out your meals so you’ll know exactly what to buy.
- Use the WW App's Barcode Scanner. It can help you find the SmartPoints value of any packaged food quickly. (And it’s also kind of fun!)
- Beware of sale items. If it’s not on your list, you don’t need it.
Ready to fill your fridge, freezer, and pantry with foods that will support your weight loss journey?
Pin or print our SmartPoints shopping list. (And remember: WW gives you the flexibility to eat the foods you love—even if you don't see them on this list.)