Stay active and lose weight with WeightWatchers®
Carving out the time (and, honestly, the energy) to exercise can be a challenge, especially if your main focus is healthier eating. But here’s why a workout is so worth it: Regular physical activity helps you lose weight, of course, but it’s also been proven to improve your mood and overall well-being** and decrease risks of chronic diseases.^
Plus, research shows that changing what you eat and increasing physical activity leads to more weight loss than just altering what’s on your plate.† Whether you’re Team Newbie, Team No Days Off, or somewhere in between, we help you find activities you enjoy and keep track of your progress.
Make exercise fun—and don’t overthink it
As important as activity is, you don’t need to run a 5K (unless that’s your thing!) to get its benefits. Your goal? Just move every day—whether you take the stairs or take a spin class. With WeightWatchers, you’ll:
- Stroll toward your goals. Tune into 5-Minute Coaching audios, guided meditations, and WalkTalks podcasts featuring celebrity guests so you can get in your steps and stay inspired.
Boost your Points® budget
Physical activity is rewarding in more ways than one: You’ll add Points for doing it.
This is another way we tailor the plan to you, ensuring that your Budget adjusts to your activity levels and you have enough to eat each day—whether you’re chilling on the couch or constantly on the go.
- When you sign up, we’ll calculate a customized weekly activity target that’s right for you.
- The Points you add are calculated by the intensity, duration, and type of activity and your metabolic rate, which is determined by your age, height, weight, and sex.
- For every Point added from activity, one Point will be automatically added to your weekly Points Budget. There’s no weekly limit.
- High-intensity or strength workouts will add the most Points, but all movement counts—including that speedy houseclean before a last-minute get-together.
Track activity, hands-free
We’ll tally your activity by minutes or steps taken (your choice). You can also sync your wearable fitness device to the WW app for easy tracking.
Visualize your achievements
See your daily and weekly progress—including steps taken, workouts completed, and total active minutes—right on your activity dashboard.