|Prep time: 0:05||Cook time: 0:25||Serves: 6|
Mini Baked Falafels
Falafels don’t just have to be a takeout treat – they are incredibly easy to make at home, can be baked (not fried!), and can be made ahead of time for an easy, batch prep, weekday lunch. Vegetarian and vegan- friendly, all you need is a few simple ingredients and a food processor. Simply blend all the ingredients together, scoop out onto a baking sheet and bake! Let cool and store for up to five days in the refrigerator.
Serve them in a pita, atop a green salad, or on their own! Try them with our 1 SmartPoints Caesar dressing; recipe here!
- 2 540 ml cans chickpeas, drained
- 1 clove(s), medium garlic clove(s), minced
- 1 cup(s) fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1⁄2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp paprika, smoked
- 1 tsp table salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 Tbsp whole wheat flour
- Combine all ingredients in food processor and blend.
- Using a small ice cream scoop, or tablespoon, portion the batter into 30 even balls.
- Bake at 350°F for 20 min.
Serving Size: 5 Falafels