|Prep time: 0:05||Cook time: 0:20||Serves: 8|
1 Points Caesar Dressing
A Caesar salad has the unfortunate reputation of being one of the less-healthy salad options out there. The dressing is oftentimes made with a hefty amount of olive oil, cheese, egg, and anchovy which can make the SmartPoints add up fast. But a Caesar salad is also one of the most beloved salads out there. A steakhouse classic. We shifted from the traditional ingredients to make a SmartPoints-friendly version using zero Points® foods! Roasted garlic pumps up the flavour, and yogurt acts as a creamy olive oil substitute. We also have some simple substitutes if you are vegan or vegetarian. Swap out the yogurt for silken tofu, and omit the anchovies and add in a spoonful of briny capers.
Use it traditionally over a bed of romaine lettuce, as a spread for wraps or sandwiches, or as a dip for your favourite veggies.
- 4 clove(s), medium garlic clove(s)
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 item(s) anchovies canned in oil drained (Vegan option: 1 Tbsp capers + 1 tsp juice)
- 1 Tbsp Dijon Mustard
- 2 Tbsp fresh parsley
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1cup(s) plain fat free yogurt (Vegan option: 1 cup silken tofu)
- 1 tsp table salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Place garlic cloves in a small oven-proof dish and cover with oil. Cover the dish with aluminum foil and roast the garlic cloves in the oil 20 minutes.
- Blend all ingredients in the food processor until emulsified.
Serving Size: 1 oz. (2 Tbsp)