|Prep Time: 0:05||Cook Time: 0:15||Serves: 4|
Light Eggs Benedict
Yep, you read that right! An eggs benedict recipe that is only 2 SmartPoints®! We have used some of the new zero Points® foods (like yogourt and eggs) to create a tasty and light hollandaise, which generously smothers a poached egg (also zero Points!).
Enjoy this dish on a lazy Sunday, or as an easy weeknight dinner. Want to add a little more protein to this dish? Try our version with Cajun shrimp (also zero Points) Get the recipe here.
- 1 cup low fat plain yogurt (not Greek)
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 3 each egg yolks
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp Dijon mustard
- ¼ tsp paprika
- 1 Tbsp chives, finely chopped
- 2 pc Weight Watchers English muffin, whole-wheat, halved
- 1 tsp canola oil
- 1 tsp coarse salt and pepper
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 cup fresh arugula
- 4 eggs
1-2 Tbsp white vinegar
- Heat two small pots of water over low heat until just simmering.
- Place strainer over one of the pots and place a heat-safe bowl in the strainer. Beat together the yogurt, lemon juice and egg yolks.
- Heat while stirring frequently until sauce thickens. (about 15 minutes ) remove from heat and stir in mustard and paprika. Set aside – keep warm.
- Toast English muffins.
- Poach eggs 2 at a time for 2 ½ to 3 minutes. (1-2 tbsp vinegar)
- Plate 1 English muffin with fresh arugula, 1 egg, and 1 tbsp of lighthollandaise.