|Prep Time: 0:05||Cook Time: 0:15||Serves: 4|
Cajun Shrimp Eggs Benedict
Yep, you read that right! An eggs benedict recipe that is only 2 SmartPoints! We have used some of the new zero Points foods (like yogourt and eggs) to create a tasty and light hollandaise, which generously smothers a poached egg and Cajun shrimp (also zero Points!).
Enjoy this dish on a lazy Sunday, or as an easy weeknight dinner. Not a fan of shrimp? No problem, we created a seafood-free version that still packs the flavour but no additional SmartPoints! Get the recipe here.
- 1 cup low fat plain yogurt (not Greek)
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 3 each egg yolks
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp Dijon mustard
- ¼ tsp Old Bay seasoning
- 1 Tbsp chives, finely chopped
- 2 pc Weight Watchers English muffin, whole-wheat, halved
- 12 pc shrimp, tiger, halved/butterflied, tails removed
- 1 tsp canola oil
- ½ tsp Old Bay seasoning
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 4 eggs
- 1-2 Tbsp white vinegar
- Heat two small pots of water over low heat until just simmering.
- Mix the shrimp with the oil and seasonings, set aside.
- Place strainer over one of the pots and place a heat-safe bowl in the strainer. Beat together the yogurt, lemon juice and egg yolks.
- Heat while stirring frequently until sauce thickens. (about 12 minutes ) remove from heat and stir in mustard and Old Bay. Set aside – keep warm.
- Heat a small saucepan with the oil. Sear the shrimp and sauté until cooked. Deglaze with lemon juice and 1 Tbsp water. Add spinach to pan to wilt. Remove from heat.
- Toast English muffins.
- Poach eggs 2 at a time for 2 ½ to 3 minutes. (1-2 tbsp vinegar)
- Plate 1 English muffin with spinach, 2 pieces shrimp, 1 egg, and 1 Tbsp of healthy hollandaise.