Vegie omelette muffin
Fresh flat-leaf parsley
1½ tbs, chopped
1 medium, finely chopped
1 medium, diced
150 g, button variety, sliced
Wholemeal English muffin
4 individual, (4 x 65g), split, toasted
1 medium, thickly sliced
- Beat eggs and parsley together in a medium bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat ½ teaspoon oil in a medium non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Cook onion, capsicum and mushroom, stirring, for 5 minutes or until vegetables have softened. Transfer to a bowl.
- Wipe pan clean. Add ½ teaspoon oil to pan and heat over medium heat. Add half the egg and cook for 30 seconds. Using a spatula, draw edges of omelette into the centre, allowing uncooked egg to run underneath. Continue doing this until omelette is nearly set.
- Spoon half of the vegetable mixture over one half of omelette. Using a spatula, fold omelette in half. Cook for 1 minute more or until eggs are set. Slide omelette onto plate and cover to keep warm. Repeat with remaining ½ teaspoon oil, egg and vegetable mixture to make 1 more omelette. Cut each omelette in half.
- Top each muffin base with sliced tomato and a portion of omelette. Cover with muffin tops.