Turkey breast with quinoa stuffing
½ cup(s), (85g)
¼ cup(s), (35g) chopped
1 small, finely chopped
Prosciutto fat trimmed
40 g, (Buy 50g thin slices) fat trimmed, chopped
2 clove(s), crushed
2 tsp, finely grated
2 tsp, finely chopped
1080 g, (Buy 1.2kg) boneless, skin on, fat trimmed
1 x 3 second spray(s)
500 g, frozen variety
60 ml, (1/4 cup)
Granulated stevia sweetener
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Place quinoa into a fine sieve and rinse under a running tap. Cook in a large saucepan of boiling water for 12 minutes or until tender. Drain well, then transfer to a large bowl to cool.
- Meanwhile, combine dried cranberries and orange juice in a small bowl and leave to soften. Heat oil in a medium frying pan over medium heat and cook onion and prosciutto, stirring, for 5 minutes or until onion softens. Add garlic and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds. Add prosciutto mixture to quinoa with cranberries and juice, the orange rind and rosemary. Season. Stand to cool.
- Place the turkey breast on a clean work surface, skin-side up. Use a large, sharp knife to make a deep cut along one side, almost all the way through, and open the turkey breast out flat (like a book). Place quinoa stuffing onto one side of breast, then fold over to enclose stuffing. Tie the turkey with kitchen string, at 2cm intervals. Season with salt and pepper.
- Lightly spray a baking tray with oil and place the turkey onto it, skin-side up. Roast for 1 hour 15 minutes or until cooked through (the juices will run clear when pierced with a skewer). Transfer the turkey breast to a plate and cover loosely with foil. Set aside to rest for 10 minutes. Remove the string and slice the turkey breast to serve.
- Meanwhile, make the Mulled cranberry sauce. Cut 2 strips of orange rind, about 2cm wide and 8cm long, avoiding the white pith. Squeeze 1/3 cup (80ml) juice from the orange.
- Combine half the cranberries, the juice and wine in a medium saucepan. Stir over medium heat for 5 minutes or until cranberries thaw and soften. Use a potato masher to roughly crush the cranberries.
- Add the remaining cranberries, the cinnamon stick, cloves and orange rind. Bring to a simmer and cook for a further 5 minutes, stirring often, until the cranberries have thawed and softened. Stir in the stevia and honey. Season with a pinch of salt and freshly ground black pepper.