Stir-fried ginger and tofu vegetables with cashews
⅓ cup(s), (50g) unsalted, raw
Reduced salt soy sauce
1 tbs, (or shaoxing wine)
350 g, cut into 1cm-thick slices
1 medium, cut into thin wedges
200 g, halved
2 bunch(es), trimmed, cut into 5cm lengths
Cooked brown rice
- Preheat oven to 180°C or 160°C fan-forced. Spread cashews on a baking tray and bake for 3–4 minutes or until toasted.
- Combine soy sauce, wine, kecap manis and ginger in a shallow glass or ceramic dish. Add tofu and turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 3 hours.
- Heat half the oil in a wok over high heat. Drain tofu from marinade, reserving marinade. Stir-fry tofu, in batches, for 2–3 minutes or until golden brown. Transfer to a plate. Cover to keep warm.
- Heat remaining oil in wok over high heat. Stir-fry onion for 2 minutes or until softened. Add mushrooms, asparagus, corn and 2 tablespoons cold water. Stir-fry for 3–4 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Return tofu and reserved marinade to wok and toss to combine. Stir-fry until heated through. Divide rice among plates and top with stir-fry and toasted cashews.