Sticky date puddings with caramel sauce
This quick and easy caramel sauce is also great drizzled over reduced-fat ice-cream and sliced banana.
¾ cup(s), chopped (120g)
Low fat crème caramel
Bicarbonate of soda
Extra light sour cream
½ cup(s), (125ml)
½ cup(s), (110g)
White self-raising flour
1¼ cup(s), (185g)
- Preheat oven to 180ºC or 160ºC fan-forced. Lightly spray six 1 cup (250ml) capacity ramekins or ovenproof dishes with oil and line the bases with baking paper.
- Place dates and bicarbonate of soda in a small saucepan. Add ¾ cup (180ml) cold water and bring to the boil. Remove from heat and set aside to cool slightly.
- Combine half the sour cream, 1 tub creme caramel, sugar and eggs in a bowl and beat with a wooden spoon. Fold in flour and undrained date mixture.
- Divide mixture among prepared dishes. Place dishes on a baking tray and bake for 25 minutes or until slightly risen and firm to touch. Cool for 5 minutes before loosening the sides with a small spatula or knife, then turn out onto serving plates.
- Use a wooden spoon to beat together remaining creme caramels and sour cream in a bowl until well combined. Serve warm puddings drizzled with caramel sauce.