Steamed ginger and apricot chicken
Skinless chicken breast
600 g, (buy 4x150g), fat trimmed
1 tbs, (4cm piece), thinly sliced
1 clove(s), crushed
40 g, finely chopped
1 individual, thinly sliced
½ cup(s), (125ml)
1 cup(s), (200g)
Fresh flat-leaf parsley
2 tbs, coarsley chopped
1 small, chopped
300 g, florests
4 x 3 second spray(s)
- Add enough water to a saucepan or wok so the level is just under the steamer basket and bring to a gentle simmer (see note).
- Meanwhile, place each chicken fillet between 2 pieces of baking paper and pound with a rolling pin until 1cm thick. Cut four 30cm-long pieces of foil and lightly spray with oil. Divide ginger between sheets of foil and top with chicken.
- Combine garlic, apricots, shallots, nectar and mustard in a small bowl. Spoon over chicken. Fold foil to enclose chicken mixture and form a parcel.
- Place parcels in 2 large steamer baskets. Steam, covered, over simmering water (ensuring basket is not touching water and swapping baskets halfway through cooking) for 15 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Meanwhile, place couscous in a large heatproof bowl and 1 cup (250ml) boiling water. Stir, cover and set aside for 5 minutes or until liquid has absorbed. Scrape with a fork to separate grains. Stir through parsley.
- Drizzle chicken with sauce from parcel and serve with couscous. Serve with steamed baby carrots, zucchini and broccoli.