Steamed chicken rolls with coriander and coconut stuffing
1 tbs, root, chopped
1 cup(s), lightly packed plus extra to serve
Shredded or desiccated coconut
2 tsp, finely grated
Skinless chicken breast
450 g, (Buy 500g), fat trimmed, halved
Light coconut milk
2 bunch(es), halved
- Process coriander root, leaves, coconut, rind and 1 teaspoon ginger in a food processor until finely chopped. Add mirin and 3 teaspoons oil and process until well combined.
- Place a piece of chicken between 2 sheets of baking paper and gently pound with a rolling pin until 1cm thick. Repeat with remaining chicken. Spread a quarter of the coriander mixture on each piece of chicken. Roll each piece up to enclose filling. Secure each in place with toothpicks.
- Line a bamboo steamer with baking paper. Place chicken in steamer and cover with lid. Half-fill a wok with boiling water and place over high heat. Place steamer over wok and cook for 8-10 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Remove toothpicks and thickly slice.
- Meanwhile, heat remaining oil in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add remaining ginger and cook, stirring, for 20 seconds or until fragrant. Add coconut milk and lime juice. Reduce heat and simmer for 2 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Meanwhile, cook asparagus and bok choy in a large saucepan of boiling water until tender. Drain. Serve chicken and greens drizzled with coconut dressing and garnished with extra coriander leaves.