Spiced raspberry puddings with brandy custard
reduced fat oil spread
granulated stevia sweetener
150 g, (⅔ cup)
white self-raising flour
¾ cup(s), (110g)
1½ cup(s), (375ml)
⅔ cup(s), (100g)
1 tsp, sifted
¼ cup(s), to serve
- 1 Preheat oven to 180°C. Lightly spray six ⅔-cup (160ml) capacity ovenproof moulds with oil. Line bases with baking paper.
- Beat spread and ½ cup (110g) stevia in a large bowl with electric beaters until thick and creamy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well between additions. Gently fold in sifted flour, baking powder, ginger and mixed spice, and 2 tablespoons milk until combined.
- Divide raspberries among bases of prepared moulds. Divide mixture among moulds. Place moulds in a baking dish. Pour boiling water into baking dish until halfway up sides of smaller dishes. Cover dish with foil. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until cooked when a skewer inserted in centre of one pudding comes out clean. Remove dishes from oven and water bath. Set aside to cool for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine custard powder and 2 tablespoons of remaining milk in a small saucepan until smooth. Stir in remaining stevia and remaining milk until combined. Heat saucepan over medium heat, stirring constantly, until custard boils and thickens. Stir in brandy.
- 5 Serve warm puddings dusted with icing sugar, fresh raspberries and brandy custard.