Smoked trout, fennel and leek frittata
1 whole, thinly sliced
1 baby, thinly sliced
1 bunch(es), coarsely chopped (120g)
8 medium, lightly beaten
97% fat-free cottage cheese
100 g, ()½ cup)
2 tbs, chopped
1 tbs, chopped
200 g, (Buy 300g) skin and bones removed, flaked
Extra light sour cream
Snow pea sprouts
2 x 3 second spray(s)
- Preheat oven to 200°C or 180°C fan-forced. Lightly spray a 16cm x 26cm (base measurement) baking tin with oil. Line base and sides with baking paper.
- Heat oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook leek and fennel, stirring, for 8–10 minutes or until softened. Add spinach and cook, stirring, for 2–3 minutes or until wilted. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, combine egg, cottage cheese, chives and chopped dill in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Arrange spinach mixture and trout over base of prepared tin. Pour over egg mixture and bake for 25–30 minutes or until golden and just set. Set aside for 10 minutes to cool slightly.
- Combine sour cream and horseradish in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve wedges of frittata with horseradish sour cream, sprouts and extra dill.