Sesame, poppy and orange meringues
1 hr 40 min
1 hr 15 min
½ cup(s), (110g)
White wine vinegar
99% fat-free plain natural yoghurt
1 cup(s), (240g)
- Preheat oven to 120°C or 100°C fan-forced. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Draw six 8cm rounds on baking paper.
- Finely grate 2 teaspoons rind from 1 orange. Set rind aside. Using a small, sharp knife, cut remaining rind and pith from orange. Cut rind and pith from remaining 2 oranges. Holding each orange over a bowl to catch any juice, cut the segments from between the membranes. Place segments in bowl with juice and place in fridge until required.
- Using electric beaters, beat egg whites in a clean, dry bowl until soft peaks form. Gradually add sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating well after each addition until sugar has dissolved. Gently fold in cornflour, vinegar, sesame seeds, poppy seeds and reserved grated rind.
- Spoon mixture into rounds on prepared tray. Bake for 1 hour 15 minutes. Turn off oven. Cool meringues in oven with door slightly ajar.
- Serve meringues topped with yoghurt, orange segments and drizzled with juice.
TIP: Suitable to store. Keep meringues (without toppings) in an airtight container for up to 2 days. Add it: ½ tsp ground cinnamon with seeds in Step 3. Swap it: Orange segments for 250g strawberries (sliced).