Sarah's strawberries 'n' cream cake
6 individual, roughly chopped
3 medium, coarsely chopped
97% fat-free cottage cheese
½ cup(s), (125g)
2 cup(s), (180g)
250 g, chopped
Light cream cheese
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Lightly spray a 20cm round cake tin with oil and line base with baking paper.
- Place ½ cup strawberries, sugar and 1 tablespoon water in a small saucepan. Cook over medium heat for about 4 minutes or until strawberries are soft. Remove from heat, mash strawberries with a fork and set aside to cool.
- Combine dates and 1 tablespoon boiling water in a medium microwave-safe bowl. Cover and microwave on High (100%) for 1 minute. Mash dates with a fork.
- Process banana, eggs, vanilla, baking powder, cottage cheese and date mixture in a food processor until smooth. Transfer mixture to a large bowl, fold through oats and remaining fresh strawberries until combined. Spoon mixture into prepared tin and smooth surface.
- Place cream cheese and cooked strawberry mixture in a medium bowl and stir to combine. Spread evenly over cake mixture. Bake for 45 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- Cool cake in tin for 5 minutes before turning onto a wire rack to cool.