Salmon and asparagus croquettes
2 medium, (340g)
1 bunch(es), thinly sliced
Frozen green peas
½ cup(s), (75g)
Reduced fat oil spread
⅓ cup(s), (50g)
½ cup(s), (125ml)
2 tbs, coarsely chopped
1 medium, lightly whisked
75 g, (1 cup) panko variety
1 x 3 second spray(s)
- Boil, steam or microwave potatoes until tender. Drain. Mash in a large bowl until smooth.
- Meanwhile, place salmon in a medium saucepan. Cover with cold water. Place over medium heat and bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until just cooked through. Remove from heat. Drain well. Using a fork, coarsely flake salmon.
- Cook asparagus and peas in a saucepan of boiling water for 2 minutes or until just tender. Drain well. Use a fork to lightly crush. Add salmon, asparagus and peas to bowl with potatoes and stir to combine.
- Melt spread in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add 1 tablespoon flour and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Gradually add milk and whisk until smooth. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until sauce boils and thickens. Remove from heat. Stir in dill. Season with salt and pepper. Pour over salmon mixture and stir to combine. Place mixture in fridge for 1 hour to chill.
- Preheat oven to 200°C or 180°C fan-forced. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Place remaining flour on a plate. Place egg in a bowl and breadcrumbs on a plate. Divide salmon mixture into 12 even portions. Shape each portion into a 3cm x 6cm log. Working with 1 at a time, toss croquettes in flour to coat, then dip in egg. Coat in breadcrumbs and place on prepared tray. Repeat to make 12 croquettes.
- Lightly spray croquettes with oil and bake for 15 minutes or until golden and heated through. Serve with lemon wedges.