Ricotta, date and orange lamb loin
8 individual, stones removed, finely chopped
Reduced-fat ricotta cheese
⅔ cup(s), (160g)
1½ tbs, finely grated
½ cup(s), (125ml)
3 tsp, coarsely chopped
Trimmed lamb loin chop
1200 g, (buy 2 x 800g rolled lamb loin)
1000 g, Japanese, cut into wedges
Reduced fat oil spread
1 x 3 second spray(s)
- Preheat oven to 200°C or 180°C fan-forced. Place dates, ricotta, rind, 2 tablespoons juice and chopped thyme in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Stir to combine.
- Unroll lamb (each will have 2 pieces once unrolled). Spread ricotta mixture over 1 piece of lamb from each loin. Top ricotta mixture with remaining pieces of lamb. Roll to enclose filling. Secure with unwaxed white kitchen string at 4cm intervals.
- Place lamb in a flameproof baking dish. Lightly spray with oil and season with salt and pepper. Bake for 30 minutes or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a plate. Cover lamb with foil and set aside to rest for 5 minutes. Retain dish for making sauce (see Step 5).
- Meanwhile, place pumpkin on a baking tray. Add oil and toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper. Bake with lamb for 35 minutes or until golden and tender.
- Heat spread in baking dish over medium heat until melted. Add flour and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Gradually stir in sherry, ½ cup (125ml) water and remaining juice and bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 2-3 minutes or until sauce boils and thickens.
- Boil, steam or microwave green and yellow beans until just tender. Drain. Arrange pumpkin and beans around lamb. Serve with orange sauce and thyme.