Ricotta and lemon thyme stuffed chicken
250 g, or coliban, coarsely chopped
frozen green peas
½ cup(s), (120g)
reduced-fat ricotta cheese
fresh lemon rind
½ tsp, finely grated
½ tsp, finely chopped
½ clove(s), crushed
1 x 3 second spray(s)
skinless chicken breast
250 g, (buy 4x125g)
reduced fat oil spread
½ medium, wedges to serve
- Boil, steam or microwave potato and peas, separately, until tender.
- Meanwhile, combine ricotta, rind, chopped thyme and garlic in a bowl. Cut a horizontal slit in the side of each chicken breast to form a pocket. Spoon ricotta mixture into pockets. Secure with wooden skewers or toothpicks.
- Preheat a chargrill or barbecue over medium-high heat. Lightly spray chicken with oil. Cook for 5–6 minutes each side or until cooked through. Cover chicken with foil and set aside to rest for 5 minutes before slicing thickly.
- Drain peas, reserving 1 tablespoon cooking liquid. Blend or process peas with reserved cooking liquid until almost smooth. Drain potato and place in a large bowl with milk and spread. Mash until smooth. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Spoon pea mixture into mashed potato and use the end of a fork to gently swirl it through.
- Divide mash among plates and top with chicken. Serve with thyme sprigs and lemon wedges.