Ricotta and honey rolls with rosewater syrup
Queen, Essence, Natural, Rose Water
¼ cup(s), (60ml)
reduced-fat ricotta cheese
1½ cup(s), (360g)
¼ cup(s), (90g)
uncooked filo pastry
10 g, (1 tbs)
2 x 3 second spray(s)
- Preheat oven to 200°C or 180°C fan-forced. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Combine ricotta, cinnamon and half the honey in a medium bowl.
- Lightly spray 1 sheet of filo with oil. Fold in half widthways, then in half widthways again to form a 22 x 14cm rectangle. Place 2 tablespoons ricotta mixture along 1 long end of pastry, leaving a 2cm border on both sides. Fold in sides, then roll up to enclose filling. Repeat with remaining ricotta mixture and filo to make 7 more rolls.
- Place rolls on prepared tray and lightly spray with oil. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden and crisp.
- Meanwhile, place rosewater and remaining honey in a small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on High (100%) for 10 seconds or until smooth and combined.
- Sprinkle rolls with walnuts and pistachios. Spoon over a little rosewater syrup to serve.