Pumpkin, spinach, ricotta and pine nut rotolo
1 medium, finely chopped
2 clove(s), crushed
800 g, coarsely grated
2 bunch(es), shredded
Reduced-fat ricotta cheese
Fresh lasagne sheets
6 individual, (280g)
1½ cup(s), (375ml)
Extra light cheddar cheese
¼ cup(s), grated, (30g), grated
1 tbs, lightly toasted
1 baby, thinly sliced
120 g, baby variety
1 x 3 second spray(s)
- Preheat oven to 200°C or 180°C fan-forced. Lightly spray a medium non-stick frying pan with oil and heat over medium-high heat. Cook onion, stirring, for 5 minutes or until softened. Add garlic and cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until fragrant.
- Combine onion mixture, pumpkin, spinach and ricotta in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place lasagne sheets in a large heatproof bowl. Pour over enough boiling water to cover. Set aside for 2 minutes to soften. Drain well.
- Spoon one-sixth of the ricotta mixture over 1 lasagne sheet. Starting from 1 short end, roll to enclose filling. Repeat with remaining ricotta mixture and lasagne sheets. Using a serrated knife, cut each lasagne roll in half to make 12 rotolos.
- Spoon passata into the base of a 22cm-round deep baking dish. Place rotolos, cut-sides up, side-by-side, over passata. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake, covered, for 20 minutes. Uncover and bake for 10 minutes or until golden brown and heated through.
- Sprinkle rotolo with pine nuts. Toss fennel and rocket in a large bowl. Serve with rotolo.