Provencal beef pot roast
2 x 3 second spray(s)
125 g, (Buy 137.5g), fat trimmed, chopped
1 medium, chopped
200 g, (button), halved
80 ml, 1/3 cup, (dry)
1 tbs, (Provencal)
canned diced tomatoes
1 cup(s), (250ml)
lean beef blade steak
560 g, (buy 700g) fat trimmed
2 medium, peeled, coarsely chopped
250 g, (300g desiree), peeled, coarsely chopped
2 medium, trimmed, cut into thick batons
fresh flat-leaf parsley
2 tbs, finely chopped
- Lightly spray a large saucepan with oil and heat over medium heat. Add onion and bacon and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until onion has softened. Add mushrooms and cook, stirring, for 3–4 minutes or until mushrooms are tender.
- Add red wine and herbs and bring to the boil. Boil until almost evaporated. Add tomatoes, stock and Worcestershire sauce and bring to the boil.
- Meanwhile, heat a non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Lightly spray beef with oil and cook, turning, for 5 minutes or until browned. Add beef to saucepan with tomato mixture and reduce heat to low. Simmer, covered, for 1½ hours, turning meat twice during cooking.
- Add carrots, potatoes and 1 cup (250ml) water and simmer, covered, for 1 hour 15 minutes, turning meat twice during cooking. Add zucchini and simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until vegetables and beef are tender.
- Remove beef and thinly slice. Divide beef, vegetables and sauce among plates. Serve sprinkled with parsley.