Prawn and shiitake steamed dumplings
dried shiitake mushrooms
450 g, peeled, finely chopped
3 individual, thinly sliced
Chinese rice wine
fresh red chilli
1 whole, deseeded, finely chopped
reduced salt soy sauce
rice wine vinegar
3 tsp, or black vinegar
- Place mushroom in a medium heatproof bowl. Pour over 1 cup (250ml) boiling water and stand for 10 minutes. Drain. Remove stems. Finely chop.
- Place mushroom, mince, prawn, ginger, shallot, Chinese rice wine, sesame oil and ½ teaspoon sugar in a medium bowl. Season with salt and stir to combine.
- Place wrappers on a clean surface and cover with a clean, damp tea towel. Working with one at a time, place 2 teaspoons mince filling in centre of each wrapper. Using a pastry brush, brush edges of wrapper with a little water. Fold in half, then fold corners towards the centre.
- Place dumplings in a steamer basket lined with baking paper. Steam, covered, in batches, over simmering water for 6-7 minutes or until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, combine chilli, soy sauce, vinegar and remaining sugar in a small bowl. Serve dumplings with dipping sauce.