Pork ribs with spinach and pumpkin salad
½ cup(s), (125ml)
1 tsp, (cayenne)
¼ cup(s), (malt)
Pork loin cutlet
500 g, (buy 1kg), fat trimmed
600 g, (kent), cut into 4cm pieces
Baby spinach leaves
Red wine vinegar
20 g, chopped
1 x 3 second spray(s)
- Combine sauce, sugar, cayenne, cumin and vinegar in a shallow dish. Add ribs and turn to coat. Cover and place in fridge for 1 hour or overnight. Remove ribs from fridge 15 minutes before cooking.
- Preheat a hooded barbecue over medium-low heat (see note). Place ribs with marinade in a heavy-based flameproof baking dish. Place pumpkin in a small flameproof baking dish. Lightly spray with oil.
- Turn off burners under flat plate (leaving grill side on). Place baking dishes on flat plate. Cook, with hood down using indirect heat, for 30 minutes. Remove dish with pumpkin and cover to keep warm.
- Pour ½ cup (125ml) water into base of pan containing ribs and cook for a further 30 minutes.
- Increase heat to medium-high. Remove ribs from pan and cook directly on grill plate, basting with any remaining marinade, for 5–10 minutes or until browned.
- Add spinach, oil, vinegar and pecans to pumpkin and toss to combine. Cut ribs into portions and serve with pumpkin salad.