Pork pot roast with cabbage and prunes
Lean pork scotch fillet
450 g, (buy 500g), neck, fat trimmed
1 large, thickly sliced
Anchovy fillets in oil, drained
3 medium, finely chopped
Ground all spice
1 cup(s), (250ml)
Dried bay leaf
240 g, chat variety, halved lengthways
10 individual, (1 bunch), halved lengthways
¼ cup(s), (45 g), halved
3 cup(s), (255 g), shredded
Fresh flat-leaf parsley
¼ cup(s), chopped
1 x 3 second spray(s)
- Preheat oven to 160°C. Tie pork at 2cm intervals with kitchen string to secure.
- Lightly spray a large flameproof casserole dish with oil and heat over medium heat. Cook pork, turning, for 5 minutes, or until browned. Transfer to a plate.
- Cook onion and anchovies in same dish, stirring, for 5 minutes, or until onion has softened. Add allspice and cook, stirring, for 10 seconds, or until fragrant. Add stock, pork and bay leaf and bring to the boil. Bake in oven, covered, for 1 hour.
- Turn pork and add potato, carrot and prunes. Bake, covered, for 1 hour.
- Add cabbage. Bake, covered, for 15 minutes, or until pork and vegetables are tender. Serve pork and vegetables sprinkled with parsley.