Pork with creamy mushroom sauce
Enjoy this creamy, saucy dish boasting mushroomy, garlicky flavours.
800 g, peeled, coarsely chopped
Pork medallion or loin steak, raw
200 g, sliced
Reduced-fat evaporated milk
1 bunch(es), halved
Green string beans
- Cook the pumpkin in a large saucepan of boiling water for 8 minutes. Drain and return to the pan. Mash.
- Heat half the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook the pork for 3 minutes each side or until golden. Transfer to a plate. Cover with foil to keep warm.
- Heat the remaining oil in the same pan. Cook the mushroom and garlic, stirring, for 2 minutes or until light golden. Remove from heat. Add the milk. Return to low heat and simmer for 5 minutes or until the sauce thickens slightly. Season with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, steam the broccolini and beans over a saucepan of boiling water for 2 minutes.
- Divide the mash, broccolini and beans among serving plates. Add the pork and top with the mushroom sauce