Pork and pineapple stir fry
Rice, white, dry
1 cup(s), jasmine, (200g)
Pork medallion or loin steak, raw
370 g, thinly sliced
1 medium, halved, thinly sliced
1 medium, cut into thin strips
1 medium, halved lengthways, thinly sliced
Sugar snap peas
100 g, trimmed
340 g, (1/2 medium), peeled, halved lengthways
¼ cup(s), shredded
Fresh red chilli
½ whole, chopped
- Cook rice following packet instructions.
- Meanwhile, heat half the oil in a large non-stick wok over high heat. Stir-fry pork until browned. Add remaining oil to wok and reduce heat to medium high.
- Stir-fry onion for 1 minute. Add capsicum, carrot and sugar snap peas, stir-fry for 2 minutes, then add 1 tablespoon of water and stir-fry for a further minute or until vegetables are cooked.
- Return pork and any juice to wok, add pineapple, ¾ of the basil and combined kecap manis, vinegar and chilli. Toss until heated through.
- Serve stir-fry spooned over rice, sprinkled with remaining shredded basil leaves.