Overnight oat pancakes with berries
Dry rolled oats
1 cup(s), (140g)
1 cup(s), (130g)
1 medium, lightly beaten
1 medium, mashed
Plain wholemeal flour
99% fat-free plain Greek yoghurt
¼ cup(s), (60g)
2 x 3 second spray(s)
- Combine oats, buttermilk and 100ml cold water in a bowl. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- In the morning, mash half the berries in a small saucepan and place over medium-high heat. Add syrup and 2 teaspoons water and bring to the boil. Cook for about 2 minutes, or until berries are soft and liquid is syrupy. Set aside to cool.
- Mix egg and banana in a medium bowl until just combined. Add oat mixture and stir well. Lightly fold through flour, cinnamon and a pinch of salt.
- Lightly spray a large non-stick frying pan with oil and heat over medium-low heat. Spoon 6 even spoonfuls of batter into pan. Cook for 1-2 minutes, until golden underneath. Turn pancakes and cook other side for 1-2 minutes or until golden and cooked through. Transfer to a plate and cover loosely with foil to keep warm. Repeat with remaining batter to make 12 pancakes in total.
- Place yoghurt in a small bowl and swirl through cooled berry mixture. Serve 3 pancakes per person, topped with berry yoghurt and remaining berries.