Orange olive oil cake
¾ cup(s), (165g)
100 ml, light
¾ cup(s), (180ml)
white self-raising flour
1 cup(s), (150g), sifted
½ tsp, sifted
½ cup(s), (55g)
1 x 3 second spray(s)
- Preheat oven to 170°C. Lightly grease a 21cm (base measurement) non-stick baba cake tin with oil.
- Finely grate the rind from 2 oranges and then juice the oranges (you’ll need about 1 cup juice). Thinly slice the remaining orange.
- Process the eggs, orange rind and sugar in a food processor for 2-3 minutes or until pale and doubled in size. Add the oil and milk and process until just combined. Add the flour, baking powder and almond meal and process until just combined.
- Pour into prepared tin. Bake for 45 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the centre of the cake comes out clean. Set aside in the tin for 5 minutes to cool slightly before turning onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, place the reserved orange juice in a medium frying pan over medium heat. Bring to a simmer. Add the orange slices and cook for 1 minute or until slightly softened. Place the orange slices, in a single layer, on a plate. Spoon over the juice and set aside to cool. Decorate the top of the cake with the orange slices and drizzle with any remaining juices. Serve warm or cold.