Macaroni and cheese
200 g, finely chopped
1½ cup(s), (375ml)
⅓ cup(s), (80ml), extra
2 individual, finely chopped
dry wholemeal pasta
200 g, penne
1 slice(s), stale bread, made into ½ cup (35g) of breadcrumbs
reduced-fat 15% cheddar cheese
¼ cup(s), grated, (30g), grated
grated parmesan cheese
¼ cup(s), (20g)
fresh flat-leaf parsley
2 tbs, coarsely chopped
1 x 3 second spray(s)
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Lightly spray a 2 litre (8-cup) capacity ovenproof dish with oil.
- Place parsnips and stock in a medium saucepan. Bring to a simmer over medium heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until parsnips are tender. Using a stick blender, process mixture until smooth. Return mixture to saucepan.
- Mix cornflour and extra stock in a small bowl until smooth. Add cornflour mixture to parsnip mixture. Return to the boil. Boil, stirring constantly, for 1 minute, or until mixture thickens. Remove from heat. Stir in mustard and shallot.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling salted water following packet instructions, or until just tender. Drain. Return to pan. Add parsnip mixture to pasta and stir to combine. Transfer to prepared dish.
- Combine breadcrumbs, cheeses and parsley in a small bowl. Sprinkle over pasta mixture. Bake for 20 minutes, or until golden. Serve.