Leek-crusted beef fillet with potato bake
900 g, thinly sliced
1 cup(s), (250ml)
1 whole, chopped
25 g, (1/2 cup) Panko variety
Grated parmesan cheese
⅓ cup(s), (25g)
Lean beef fillet
640 g, (Buy 800g) eye fillet, fat trimmed
2 x 3 second spray(s)
- Preheat oven to 200°C or 180°C fan-forced. Lightly spray a 3-cup (750ml) capacity ovenproof dish with oil.
- Arrange potato slices, slightly overlapping, in prepared dish. Place stock in a small saucepan over high heat and bring to the boil. Pour hot stock over potatoes. Cover dish tightly with foil and bake for 1 hour. Remove foil and bake for 15 minutes or until potatoes are golden and tender.
- Meanwhile, process leek in a food processor until finely chopped. Combine leek, breadcrumbs, parmesan and oil in a medium bowl.
- Lightly spray a large non-stick frying pan with oil and heat over high heat. Cook beef, turning, for 5 minutes or until browned. Spread mustard over beef. Press leek mixture over beef to form a crust. Lightly spray a large baking dish with oil. Place beef in prepared dish and bake with potato bake for 25–30 minutes or until beef is cooked to your liking. Transfer to a plate. Cover beef with foil and set aside to rest for 10 minutes before slicing thinly.
- Serve beef with potato bake.