Jerk chicken and sauteed cabbage
ground all spice
fresh green chilli
1 whole, deseeded, chopped
3 individual, chopped
1 tbs, grated
560 g, (buy 4x 200g chicken supremes)
1 small, thinly sliced
2 clove(s), thinly sliced
2 cup(s), (1/2 whole), shredded
1 tbs, (red wine)
- Place thyme, allspice, chilli, shallots and ginger in a mortar and pestle and pound to form a thick paste. Stir in 1 tablespoon brown sugar and honey.
- Using a knife, cut 4 deep slits across the top of each chicken breast. Place chicken in a shallow glass or ceramic dish, skin-side up. Rub marinade all over chicken. Cover and refrigerate for 3 hours.
- Preheat oven to 200°C or 180°C fan-forced. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Place chicken on prepared tray and lightly spray with oil. Bake for 20–25 minutes or until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until softened. Add garlic and cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until fragrant. Add cabbage and cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes. Add vinegar and remaining brown sugar and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until cabbage is tender. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Serve chicken with cabbage, green beans and rice.