Hazelnut raspberry meringue torte
PersonalPoints™ per serving
1 hr 35 min
Our meringue torte is sweet and crunchy. It's a perfect light dessert for a summery barbeque.
1 cup(s), (220g)
1 tsp, white
Low-fat ricotta cheese
Vanilla bean paste
300 g, vanilla
- Preheat oven to 150°C or 130°C fan-forced. Line three baking trays with baking paper. Draw a 10cm x 25cm rectangle on each sheet of baking paper.
- Using an electric mixer, beat egg whites in a medium bowl until soft peaks form. Gradually add sugar, beating after each addition, until sugar dissolves. Fold in hazelnut meal, cornflour and vinegar.
- Spread meringue mixture evenly over drawn rectangles. Bake, uncovered, for 40-45 mins or until meringues are dry and crisp. Turn off oven, cool in oven with door ajar.
- Meanwhile, using a food processor beat ricotta, vanilla and yogurt until smooth. Place raspberries and liqueur in a small bowl. Using a fork, slightly crush raspberries.
- Place one meringue layer on serving plate. Spread with half the ricotta mixture and drizzle with half the berries. Top with another meringue layer. Spread with remaining ricotta mixture and berries. Top with last meringue. Cover and refrigerate for 3 hrs. Serve dusted with cocoa powder.
When layering meringue, save the best looking rectangle for the top layer.