Coriander and allspice stuffed pumpkins
1600 g, Buy 4 small butternut pumpkins (about 350g-400g each), halved, deseeded
1 medium, finely chopped
Lean beef mince
2 clove(s), crushed
20 g, (1 tbs)
Ground all spice
Dry wholemeal couscous
⅓ cup(s), (65g)
Canned diced tomatoes
400 g, (1 x 400g can)
Mixed salad leaves
100 g, baby variety
2 tbs, lemon and garlic
99% fat-free plain Greek yoghurt
½ cup(s), (120g)
40 g, (2 tbs) seeds only
Fresh flat-leaf parsley
¼ cup(s), finely choppped
1 medium, cut into wedges to serve
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Place pumpkin halves, cut-side down, on prepared tray. Bake for 30 minutes or until just tender. Set aside until cool enough to handle. Scoop out the flesh, leaving a 1cm border. Chop flesh.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook onion, stirring, for 5 minutes or until softened. Add mince and cook, breaking up lumps, for 5-7 minutes or until browned. Add garlic, coriander, allspice and cinnamon and cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until fragrant. Add couscous and tomatoes and cook, stirring, for 4-5 minutes or until couscous is tender. Stir in pumpkin flesh. Season with salt and pepper.
- Divide filling among pumpkin shells. Bake for 15 minutes or until browned.
- Meanwhile, toss salad leaves and dressing in a medium bowl until well combined.
- Top pumpkin and mince with yoghurt, pomegranate seeds and parsley.