Cinnamon pecan scrolls
Deliciously sweet scrolls filled with the perfect amount of cinnamon and pecans.
White self-raising flour
2 cup(s), (300g)
½ cup(s), (80g)
1 cup(s), (250ml)
¼ cup(s), (55g)
¼ cup(s), (30g)
Vanilla bean extract
1 x 3 second spray(s)
- Preheat oven to 240°C. Lightly spray a 12-hole 1/3-cup (80ml) capacity muffin tin with oil.
- Sift flour and 2 tablespoons icing sugar into a large bowl. Add buttermilk and stir with a butter knife until a soft dough forms. Turn the dough onto a lightly floured surface and knead until just smooth.
- Roll out the dough on a lightly floured surface to form a 28cm x 24cm rectangle. Sprinkle with the brown sugar and cinnamon. Roll the dough up from 1 long side and cut the roll crossways into 12 even pieces. Place the scrolls, cut-side up, in the prepared tin. Lightly brush the tops with 1 teaspoon of milk. Sprinkle with the pecan.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until browned. Transfer the scrolls to a wire rack and set aside for 5 minutes to cool.
- Meanwhile, sift the remaining icing sugar into a medium bowl. Stir in the remaining milk and the vanilla until smooth. Drizzle the icing over the scrolls and set aside for 5 minutes to set. Serve warm.