Chocolate mousse profiteroles
SmartPoints® value per serving
1 hr 10 min
These perfect profiteroles made with Nestle Diet Chocolate Mousse are sure to please. Drizzle with homemade strawberry sauce before serving.
250 g, hulled, quatered
Reduced fat oil spread
125 g, sifted
3 medium, lightly beaten
White chocolate block
Low fat chocolate mousse
- Preheat oven to 200°C or 180°C fan-forced. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper. Combine strawberries and sugar in a small saucepan over medium heat. Cook for 3-4 mins or until strawberries are soft. Using a stick blender or food processor, process strawberries until smooth. Place in the refrigerator to cool.
- Meanwhile, combine spread and ¾ cup (180ml) water in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Stir until the spread has melted and mixture just comes to the boil. Add flour to pan all at once and stir vigorously over moderate heat for 30 seconds or until mixture comes away from sides of pan and forms a ball. Place in large heatproof bowl and cool for 2-3 mins. Using electric beaters or wooden spoon, gradually beat in the eggs until mixture is thick, glossy and holds its shape.
- Spoon 12 heaped tablespoons of mixture onto prepared trays allowing room to expand and rise. Bake for 20-25 mins or until puffed and golden. Turn off oven. Using a small sharp knife, pierce a small hole in the side of each profiterole and return to oven. Cool profiterole in oven with door ajar for 20 mins.
- Cut profiteroles in half horizontally. Melt chocolate in a glass bowl over a saucepan of simmering water (do not let base of bowl touch the water). Spoon 1 teaspoon of melted chocolate over top of each profiterole. (This can be done in advance).
- When ready to serve, spoon about 1 heaped tbs of chocolate mousse in the bottom half of each profiterole. Top with chocolate coated profiterole. Serve profiteroles with chilled strawberry sauce.