Chicken legs with Turkish spices
skinless chicken drumstick
564 g, (Buy 8x88g)
1 tsp, ground
1⅓ cup(s), (375ml)
8 individual, , 4 purple
2 tsp, finely grated
freshly squeezed orange juice
¾ cup(s), (250ml)
dry wholemeal couscous
¾ cup(s), (200g)
99% fat-free plain Greek yoghurt
½ cup(s), (240g)
- Place flour in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Add chicken and toss to coat.
- Heat oil in a large non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Cook chicken, turning, in batches, for 5 minutes or until browned. Transfer to a 4.5 litre (18-cup) slow cooker.
- Cook cumin, paprika, oregano and cinnamon in same pan, stirring, for 1 minute or until fragrant. Add 1 cup (250ml) chicken stock and half the rind and bring to the boil. Pour mixture over chicken in slow cooker. Add carrots and eschalots. Cook, covered, on low for 6 hours (or high for 3 hours).
- Towards end of cooking time, combine juice and remaining stock in a medium saucepan over high heat. Bring to the boil. Remove from heat and stir in couscous. Cover and set aside for 5 minutes or until liquid has absorbed. Scrape with a fork to separate grains. Finely chop half the coriander. Add chopped coriander to couscous with remaining rind and gently toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
- Top couscous with chicken and drizzle with cooking juices. Top with a dollop of yoghurt and sprinkle with remaining coriander. Serve with carrots and eschalots.