Chicken banh mi roll
1 tsp, (use 2 tbs for marinade)
2 clove(s), crushed
Skinless chicken breast
¼ cup(s), (75g)
1 whole, (310g), cut into 4 even pieces
½ medium, thinly sliced
¼ cup(s), leaves
1 x 3 second spray(s)
Rice wine vinegar
⅛ tsp, (use 1 tsp for pickling liquid)
1 small, thinly sliced
1 medium, shredded
- Combine soy sauce, lime juice and garlic in a shallow dish or container. Add chicken and turn to coat in marinade. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes or up to 4 hours.
- To make pickled vegetables, combine vinegar, sugar and a pinch of salt in a small glass bowl. Add onion and carrot and stir to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, lightly spray a large non-stick grill pan with oil and heat over medium–high heat. Remove chicken from marinade and discard marinade. Cook chicken for about 5 minutes on each side or until cooked through. Transfer to a plate, rest for 2 minutes, then slice thinly.
- Combine mayonnaise and sriracha in a small bowl. Split each baguette piece in half. Spread mayonnaise mixture evenly over the cut sides of each piece.
- Drain pickled vegetables. Fill baguette pieces evenly with chicken, cucumber, pickled vegetables and coriander. Serve.