Chicken banh mi roll
2 clove(s), crushed
skinless chicken breast
rice wine vinegar
1 small, thinly sliced
1 medium, grated
light whole egg mayonnaise
1 whole, (310g) cut into quarters, split
½ medium, thinly sliced
2 x 3 second spray(s)
- In a large zip-lock bag, combine soy sauce, lime juice and garlic, add chicken. Squeeze out air and seal bag. Massage bag to coat chicken. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or up to 4 hours.
- Meanwhile, to make picked vegetable, combine vinegar, sugar and a pinch of salt in a small bowl. Add onion and carrot and stir to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or up to 1 day.
- Lightly spray a large chargrill pan with oil and heat over medium-high heat. Remove chicken from marinade and discard marinade. Cook chicken, turning once for 6-8 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Thinly slice chicken.
- Combine mayonnaise and sriracha in a small bowl. Remove soft centres from baguette quarters and save for breadcrumbs. Spread 3 teaspoons mayonnaise mixture on cut side of each quarter baguette.
- Drain pickled vegetables. Fill rolls evenly with chicken, cucumber, pickled vegetables and coriander.