Chai-spiced almond milk jellies
2 hr 20 min
1 tbs, (5 leaves)
Tea, chai, original
Granulated stevia sweetener
310 ml, vanilla flavour
2 medium, cut into wedges
- Place gelatine leaves in a bowl. Cover with boiling water and set aside for 2–3 minutes or until softened. Squeeze excess water from gelatine.
- Meanwhile, place tea bag and ½ cup (125ml) boiling water in a heatproof jug. Stir in stevia and half the cinnamon. Set aside for 1 minute. Remove and discard tea bag. Add gelatine and stir until dissolved. Add milk and cream and stir to combine.
- Pour milk mixture into four ½-cup (125ml) capacity dariole moulds or ramekins. Cover and place in the fridge for 2 hours or until set.
- Lightly spray a chargrill or barbecue with oil and preheat over medium heat. Lightly spray nectarines with oil and cook for 2 minutes each side or until charred and slightly softened.
- Invert jellies onto serving plates. Serve with nectarines, raspberries and remaining cinnamon.
TIPS: You can use 3 teaspoons gelatine powder instead of gelatine leaves. To make it easier to remove the jellies from the moulds, briefly dip the ramekins into hot water. Add it: 1–2 drops almond essence with milk in Step 2. Swap it: Granulated stevia for 1 tbs maple syrup.