Chai French toast
½ cup(s), (250ml)
Twinings Tea, Chai
1 cup(s), (1 bag)
250 g, hulled, sliced
freshly squeezed orange juice
Venerdi Bread, Brown Organic Sourdough
4 serve(s), day-old
- Heat milk in a microwave-safe jug for 1 minute on high (100%) or until hot. Add chai tea bag and set aside for 10 minutes to infuse and cool.
- Combine strawberry, orange juice and honey in a small bowl and set aside, stirring occasionally.
- Discard tea bag and whisk milk and eggs in a large shallow dish. Place bread slices in egg mixture and leave to soak for 10 minutes, turning once, until bread has absorbed milk mixture.
- Lightly spray a large non-stick frying pan with oil and heat on medium. Cook bread slices for 2 minutes each side or until lightly golden and egg has set.
- Top with strawberry and drizzle with syrup to serve.