Breakfast hash with poached eggs
250 g, halved
135 g, (buy 150g), fat-trimmed, coarsely chopped
1 medium, sliced
200 g, sliced
200 g, halved
Whole grain mustard
Fresh flat-leaf parsley
1 tbs, chopped
2 x 3 second spray(s)
- Place potato in a large saucepan, cover with cold water and bring to the boil. Simmer for 15 minutes, then drain well and set aside.
- Lightly spray a large non-stick frying pan with oil and heat over medium–high heat. Cook bacon for 5 minutes. Remove and set aside.
- Lightly spray pan again, cook onion and potato, stirring, for 5 minutes. Add mushroom and tomato and cook, stirring, for another 5 minutes. Season and stir in mustard, half the parsley and cooked bacon.
- Meanwhile, half-fill a large deep frying pan with water and bring to a simmer. Carefully crack one egg into a cup, then slide egg into water. Repeat with remaining eggs. Poach eggs gently for 3–4 minutes or until egg whites are set and yolks are still soft or cooked to your liking.
- Divide hash among four plates and top with a poached egg. Season to taste and sprinkle with remaining parsley.