Black bean brownies
Canned black beans, rinsed, drained
½ cup(s), (85g)
Long black coffee
1¼ cup(s), strong
Reduced fat oil spread
Dark chocolate, no added sugar
115 g, chopped
1¼ cup(s), (275g)
Vanilla bean extract, alcohol free
¼ tsp, pinch
1 cup(s), (150g)
- Preheat oven to 170˚C. Line base and sides of a 22cm x 33cm tin with baking paper, allowing paper to hang over 2 long sides.
- Process beans and coffee in a food processor until smooth.
- Place spread and chocolate in a small saucepan over low heat and cook, stirring occasionally, until melted and combined.
- Meanwhile, using an electric mixer, beat eggs and sugar until light and fluffy. With mixer on low speed, add chocolate mixture to eggs until well combined. Mix in black bean mixture, vanilla and salt until combined. Add flour and mix on low speed until well combined.
- Pour batter into prepared tin and bake for 25-30 minutes or until a tester inserted in centre of brownie comes out clean. Stand tin on a cooling rack for 10 minutes. Using baking paper, remove brownie from tin and place on cooling rack to cool completely. Cut into 24 pieces to serve.