Beef goulash with parmesan toast
lean beef fillet
160 g, (buy 200g), thinly sliced
1 small, finely chopped
1 medium, chopped
2 individual, (thinly sliced)
2 clove(s), crushed
1 tsp, (sweet)
canned diced tomatoes
3 cup(s), (750ml)
300 g, peeled, cut into 1cm pieces
150 g, cut into 1cm thick slices
grated parmesan cheese
¼ cup(s), (20g)
extra light sour cream
¼ cup(s), (60g)
1 tbs, finely chopped
1 x 3 second spray(s)
- Lightly spray a large non-stick saucepan with oil and heat over high heat. Add the beef and cook for 2-3 minutes or until browned. Transfer to a plate.
- Heat oil in same pan over medium heat. Add onion, carrot and celery and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until softened. Add garlic and paprika and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds or until fragrant. Return beef to pan with tomatoes.
- Add beef stock and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer, covered, for 20 minutes. Add potatoes and simmer, partially covered, for 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Meanwhile, preheat grill on high. Grill 1 side of bread for 1 minute or until toasted. Turn over and sprinkle uncooked side with parmesan and grill for 1 minute or until cheese melts.
- Serve soup with parmesan toast and topped with sour cream and chives.