Maple Leaf Cream Cookies
SmartPoints® value per serving
These sweet treats are decorative, delicious and fun. Plus, they're wonderfully light thanks to light butter and light cream cheese.
½ cup(s), softened (1 stick)
½ Tbsp, granulated
2 tsp, divided
1½ cup(s), or more as needed
Low fat cream cheese
1 Tbsp, icing
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together butter and granulated sugar until blended.
- Add egg, 1 teaspoon of the vanilla and salt and mix well.
- Gradually add flour and mix until a manageable dough forms, adding more flour if necessary to make a manageable dough.
- Form dough into a disk, wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 375o.
- Transfer dough to a lightly floured surface and roll out to 1/4-inch thickness.
- Cut dough into maple leaf shapes using a cookie cutter.
- Transfer cookies to a large, ungreased baking sheet and bake 10 to 12 minutes, until golden around the edges. Transfer to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, combine cream cheese, confectioners’ sugar and remaining teaspoon of vanilla extract. Mix well to combine.
- When cookies are cooled, spread 1 teaspoon of cream cheese mixture onto one side of a maple leaf cookie (the flat side).