Frozen Chocolate-Dipped Banana Bites
2 - 3
PersonalPoints™ per serving
Banana slices are sandwiched with creamy almond butter, then dipped into melted chocolate for a tasty sweet treat. Keep these on hand in an airtight container in the freezer for a salty-sweet treat anytime. Whip up a double batch when you have extra bananas you’re not sure what to do with. We trim the ends to get uniform slices for sandwiching, but don’t toss those trimmings. You can freeze them for smoothies later.
4 tsp(s), divided
Dark chocolate chips
- Cut off thinner ends from bananas. Cut each banana into eight ½- inch thick slices for a total of 16 slices.
- Spread ½ tsp almond butter onto each of 8 slices; top with remaining slices.
- Place on foil or parchment-lined plate and freeze 30 minutes or until firm.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate chips for 30 seconds, then at 10 second intervals until melted.
- Dip half of each of the frozen banana sandwiches into the melted chocolate. Immediately sprinkle with salt and return to freezer until chocolate sets, about 2 minutes.
- Per serving: 1 bite