Dark Chocolate Tart with Berries
1 large egg(s), beaten
1 tbsp(s), melted
½ tsp(s), plus a pinch
12 oz, firm
70-85% dark chocolate
5 oz, (70% cacao), chopped
Instant espresso powder
½ cup(s), fresh, to garnish (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and coat an 8-inch springform pan with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine the almond flour, egg, butter, ½ tsp salt, and sugar with a fork until completely incorporated. Press mixture evenly into the bottom of the prepared pan. Prick the bottom in several places with a fork. Bake until toasted and lightly browned, about 20 minutes. Cool.
- In a medium saucepan, combine the tofu and chopped chocolate over low heat. Stir continuously to break up the tofu and melt the chocolate, 4 to 5 minutes. Transfer the mixture to a blender. Add the vanilla, almond extract, espresso powder, and pinch of salt, and blend until completely smooth, scraping down the sides as needed.
- Transfer the filling to the cooled crust and use a spatula to smooth the top. Cover and refrigerate until filling is set, 1 to 2 hours.
- Run a thin knife around the edges of the tart to release it from the sides. Remove the outer ring of the pan. Slice tart into 12 pieces. Garnish with the berries, if using, and serve immediately.
- Per serving: 1 slice