- 3/4 cup(s) sugar, 175 ml
- 1/4 cup(s) packed light brown sugar, 60 ml
- 1/4 cup(s) unsweetened cocoa powder, 60 ml, sifted
- 4 large egg white(s), , at room temperature
- 1/4 tsp cream of tartar, 1 ml
- 1/8 tsp table salt, 0.5 ml
- 1/2 cup(s) mascarpone, 125 ml
- 4 oz low fat cream cheese, 115 g (Neufchâtel), softened
- 1 Tbsp fat free skim milk, 15 ml
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract, 2 ml
- 1/2 pound(s) strawberries, 225 g, hulled and sliced
- 1 oz bittersweet chocolate, 28 g
Preheat oven to 120°C (250°F). Line large baking sheet with parchment paper.
Whisk together 175 ml(¾ cup) of granulated sugar, brown sugar, and cocoa in medium bowl.
With electric mixer on medium speed, beat egg whites, cream of tartar, and salt in large bowl until soft peaks form. Add sugar mixture 30 ml (2 Tbsp) at a time, beating until stiff, glossy peaks form.
Spoon onto prepared baking sheet and spread meringue into 20-cm (8-inch) circle to make “nest” with 2.5 cm (1-inch) high edge. Bake 1½ hours.
Turn oven off, and let cool in oven two hours. Remove from oven and cool completely on wire rack.
With electric mixer on medium speed, beat mascarpone, cream cheese, milk, remaining 7 ml (1½ tsp) of granulated sugar, and vanilla in medium bowl until smooth. Spoon into centre of meringue and spread evenly.
Top with strawberries. Use vegetable peeler to shave chocolate over berries. Cut into 12 wedges. Serve immediately.