Chocolate Berry Pavlova
- 3/4 cup(s) sugar, 175 ml
- 1/4 cup(s) packed light brown sugar, 60 ml
- 1/4 cup(s) unsweetened cocoa powder, 60 ml, sifted
- 4 large egg white(s), , at room temperature
- 1/4 tsp cream of tartar, 1 ml
- 1 1/8 tsp table salt, 0.5 ml
- 1/2 cup(s) mascarpone, 125 ml
- 4 oz low fat cream cheese, 115 g (Neufchâtel), softened
- 1 Tbsp fat free skim milk, 15 ml
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract, 2 ml
- 1/2 pound(s) strawberries, 225 g, hulled and sliced
- 1 oz bittersweet chocolate, 28 g
- Preheat oven to 120°C (250°F). Line large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Whisk together 175 ml(¾ cup) of granulated sugar, brown sugar, and cocoa in medium bowl.
- With electric mixer on medium speed, beat egg whites, cream of tartar, and salt in large bowl until soft peaks form. Add sugar mixture 30 ml (2 Tbsp) at a time, beating until stiff, glossy peaks form.
- Spoon onto prepared baking sheet and spread meringue into 20-cm (8-inch) circle to make “nest” with 2.5 cm (1-inch) high edge. Bake 1½ hours.
- Turn oven off, and let cool in oven two hours. Remove from oven and cool completely on wire rack.
- With electric mixer on medium speed, beat mascarpone, cream cheese, milk, remaining 7 ml (1½ Tbsp) of granulated sugar, and vanilla in medium bowl until smooth. Spoon into centre of meringue and spread evenly.
- Top with strawberries. Use vegetable peeler to shave chocolate over berries. Cut into 12 wedges. Serve immediately.