Banana Bars Created by Ambassador Maryse
3 - 5
PersonalPoints™ per serving
Looking for a quick and easy ripe banana recipe? Look no further than these delicious banana bars, created by our ambassador Maryse! Great for snacks, breakfast, or even dessert, these bars give you an excuse to use those over-ripe bananas. Double the recipe, freeze the bars, and you have the perfect, filling, on-the-go snack.
Uncooked quick oats
4 medium, ripe and mashed
2 large egg(s)
Stevia leaf herbal extract
8 tbsp(s), (1/2 cup), or Splenda
Mini chocolate chips
2 tbsp(s), (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a medium size mixing bowl, combine oats, flour, sweetener, baking powder, and chocolate chips.
- In a second mixing bowl, mash ripe bananas and add eggs.
- Combine the banana mixture into the dry mixture and combine well.
- Spray a square cooking pan with cooking spray and pour batter into the pan. Bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown. Insert a toothpick or knife and if it comes out clean, your bars are ready to enjoy!
- Serving size: 1 banana bar
To prevent chocolate chips from sticking to the bottom of the pan, combine them with the dry mixture. This recipe can also yield 12 banana muffins if you prefer this option over bars. Both are equally delicious! Follow the same steps but replace the square cooking pan with 12 lined muffin cups. SERVING SIZE (1 banana bar) 122 Cal, 2 g Total Fat, 0 g Sat Fat, 52 mg Sod, 31 g Total Carb, 6 g Sugar, 1 g Added Sugar, 2 g Fib, 4 g Prot.